Public Health Department
The health department offers many services in an effort to keep residents and our community healthy. Nash County Health Department (NCHD) serves all Nash County residents, whether they come in our doors as a patient or as we reach out as part of our community and environmental health programs.
Public Health Goals & Mission
- Promote healthy lifestyles
- Prevent diseases
- Detect and treat health problems early
NEWS ALERT: Salmonella outbreak closes barbeque restaurant in Nashville, NC. Read news release below:
Salmonella News Release-November 2019.
To learn more about salmonella, see here.
*Health Department Update*
Beginning July 1, 2017, proof of income, (example: paycheck stub, W-2, paid statement from employer etc.), will be required to determine if patients qualify for Sliding Fee Scale. No patient will be refused services when presenting for care due to failure to provide proof of income; however, patients will be billed at 100% until proof of income is provided. Please call 252-459-9819 and ask to speak to a Business Office Staff Member for more information, feedback or comments.
A partir del 1 de julio de 2017, se requerirá comprobante de ingresos, (ejemplo: talón de cheque, W-2, declaración del empleador, etc.) para determinar si los pacientes califican para la escala de ingresos. A ningún paciente se le negarán los servicios al presentarse para recibir atención debido a la falta de comprobante de ingresos; Sin embargo, se facturará a los pacientes al 100% hasta que se provea un comprobante de ingreso. Por favor llame al 252-459-9819 y pida hablar con un funcionario de la oficina de negocio para obtener más información, opiniones o comentarios.
Staff & Programs
Click here for our printable NCHD Services brochure!
- Environmental Health staff works to keep our community healthy in the most basic ways. They protect our water supplies from sewage contamination, they help ensure safe food at area restaurants through regular inspections, and much more.
- Solid Waste program staffs nine convenience centers for rural Nash County residents as well as a special construction and demolition landfill.
- Animal Control staff prevents the spread of rabies by working with area veterinarians to offer
low costrabies vaccination opportunities and operate the animal shelter.
- Health Education and Planning staff leads regularly in assessing the community's health needs and developing educational programs or policies targeting these potential health problems.
- Clinical Services staff provide health screening, treatment and/or referral for possible health problems, and investigation of communicable diseases.