Phases of EMS
The emergency division is made up of 75 extremely dedicated EMTs and paramedics who carefully work together, 24 hours-a-day and 365 days-a-year, to deliver the finest level of pre-hospital care to the citizens and visitors of Nash County. Our EMTs and paramedics are highly skilled in all aspects of pre-hospital emergency medicine. They are trained to work effectively under pressure to deliver excellent patient care to the critically ill and injured. Each and every day, they serve Nash County with compassion, dignity, and professionalism.
Averaging over 70 incidents per day and more than 27,000 incidents per year, Nash County EMS is responsible for treating, stabilizing, and transporting patients to hospitals. Emergency ambulances are staffed with EMS providers who have highly developed medical skills and the capability to deliver complex interventions and treatments in the field. Because of the incredible depth and dedication of the staff, Nash County EMS has a reputation for providing a high level of EMS care.
Our Community Paramedic Program is a unique program that utilizes specially trained paramedics to provide home visits for patients at high risk for complications after a recent illness, injury, or medical procedure.
The Community Paramedic Program is just one of many ways Nash County EMS is improving the health of our community. This program:
- Provides care for our most vulnerable citizens by providing better care through additional monitoring and education.
- Promotes health and wellness by identifying conditions before they become a crisis.
- Helps lower healthcare costs with medication review, reinforcement of provider instructions, and disease education that collectively help prevent hospital readmissions.
- Eliminates barriers to care by encouraging follow up and addressing factors that might prevent it.
- Provides additional support on our most critical emergency calls.
- Responses to all overdoses and provides immediate support and resource options to victims and their families.
- Responds, provides support and directs patients with mental health crisis to appropriate care..