Public Health Department
We Need Your Help!
Calling all Nash County residents!!! Please take 15 minutes to complete the Community Health Needs Assessment survey at the link below. Think of the survey as a census for evaluating health needs and issues in our area to foster healthier outcomes. The information obtained helps our organizations develop a community health improvement plan by justifying how and where resources should be allocated to meet our most pressing community needs.
Representation of all community segments is important, so share the survey and encourage all to participate. Paper surveys can be provided if needed; just call one of the numbers on the flyer for assistance. Thank you for your time and effort for the betterment of our community!
English survey: https://redcap.ecu.edu/surveys/?s=4YJCCCAAEW
Spanish survey: https://redcap.ecu.edu/surveys/?s=YDLYHLEDL3
The health department offers many services in an effort to keep residents and our community healthy. Nash County Health Department (NCHD) serves all Nash County residents, whether they come in our doors as a patient or as we reach out as part of our community and environmental health programs.
For COVID-19 Vaccination information click here
Public Health Goals & Mission
- Promote healthy lifestyles
- Prevent diseases
- Detect and treat health problems early
Staff & Programs
Click here for our printable NCHD Services brochure!
- Environmental Health staff works to keep our community healthy in the most basic ways. They protect our water supplies from sewage contamination, they help ensure safe food at area restaurants through regular inspections, and much more.
- Solid Waste program staffs nine convenience centers for rural Nash County residents as well as a special construction and demolition landfill.
- Animal Control staff prevents the spread of rabies by working with area veterinarians to offer
low costrabies vaccination opportunities and operate the animal shelter.
- Health Education and Planning staff leads regularly in assessing the community's health needs and developing educational programs or policies targeting these potential health problems.
- Clinical Services staff provide health screening, treatment and/or referral for possible health problems, and investigation of communicable diseases.