Personal Property Taxes
Each December, the tax department mails out forms for the listing of personal property to all taxpayers who listed the previous year or who purchased real estate during that calendar year. These forms must be completed and returned to the tax department during the month of January.
Listing for Individuals
North Carolina General Statutes require that all persons must annually list property that is subject to taxation within the time period of January 1st through January 31st.
Real Estate in Nash County is permanently listed and does not require an annual listing. If you have received a listing form in the previous year for listing your property, a listing form will automatically be mailed to you at the address of record as of January 1st. If you do not receive a listing form and you have
- You have made improvements to your real estate during the previous year. Maintenance such as painting/wallpaper, replacements of existing structure, landscaping, etc. is not considered an improvement and does not require listing.
- You own unregistered vehicles which do not have an active North Carolina registration.
- You own tractors or other farming equipment used to produce income.
- You own miscellaneous non-household personal property such as tractors, horse tack, etc.
- You own a dog.
- You own a mobile home.
- You own motor vehicles that carry a permanent multi-year tag
- You own motor vehicles that are registered under the International Registration Plan (IRP)
- You own motor vehicles that have been issued
three monthregistration license plates at the farmerrate.
Failure to list within the required period will result in a penalty of 10% of the total tax levied.
Personal Property Listing
For further information regarding the Listing of Personal Property for Individuals, please contact:
Nash County Assessor's Office - Listing Department
120 West Washington Street - Suite 2058
Nashville, North Carolina 27856
Fax: 252- 459-1372