- Recreation & Senior Services
- Senior Services
- Down East Senior Games
Down East Senior Games
Local Coordinator &
Nash County Senior Center
Registration and Donations
Rocky Mount Senior Center
Alan Miniard 252-641-4279
Kelsey Newsome 252-246-1133
Pie Burke 252-462-2628
Kesha A. Howell 252-265-5775
Hattie Staton 252-826-3891
In 1983 Senior Games began with a vision for North Carolinians 50 years of age or better to be more active, to learn new skills, to renew old talents, to live better and healthier, and to have more FUN! Today, there are over 60,000 participants in 51 local game programs that serve all 100 counties across the state. Our Down East Senior Games program is sanctioned by North Carolina Senior Games, Inc. NCSG is sponsored statewide by the North Carolina Division of Aging and Adult Services.
Game Dates: April 22nd — May 17th
Registration Deadline: May 15, 2023
$20.00 Registration Fee
2023 Down East Senior Games
- Participation in the Senior Games is limited to persons ages 50 and over. Proof of age will be required. Participants must be North Carolina residents for a minimum of 3 consecutive months of the year. The competition will be by age and sex divisions as follows: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+
- Your age as of December 31, 2023, will determine the age category in which you will compete.
- No event will be delayed for latecomers. No shows = no refunds. Check-in for all events starts 15 minutes prior to the listed start time. Picture ID is required.
- Safety and sportsmanlike conduct are paramount. Down East Senior Games officials have the authority to disqualify, and/or remove anyone who exhibits inappropriate behavior or a condition of medical concern.
- Remember: In doubles events, the age of the younger player is used to determine the age group for competition. In team events, the age of the youngest player on the team roster determines the age group for competition.
- For SilverArts Participants: All entries must be original works of the artist. Work must be created after age 50 and within the last 2 years. Entries are only eligible for judging or display if they have never been entered in any SilverArts competition before: records are kept and your piece will be disqualified if recognized.
- Rocky Mount Senior Center, 427 S. Church St., Rocky Mount, NC
- Nash County Senior Center, 103 N. Alston St., Nashville, NC
- Southern Nash Senior Center, 8180 Stoney Hill Church Rd., Bailey, NC
- Recreation Park Center, 500 Sunset Rd NW, Wilson, NC
- Reid Street Center, 901 E. Reid St., Wilson, NC
- Wilson County Senior Activity Center, 1808 Goldsboro St S., Wilson, NC
- E.L. Roberson Center, 305 W. Baker St., Tarboro, NC
- Hattie P. Staton Senior Center, 1403 Church St., Scotland Neck, NC