- Social Services
- Economic Services
Food & Nutrition Services
Food and Nutrition Services supplements the food dollars of low income families enabling clients to purchase more nutritious food. For more information, please call 252-459-9822.
- ePASS (use to determine eligibility for Food and Nutrition and Medicaid)
- Additional Information
- Income Maintenance Brochure
- Income Maintenance Brochure (Spanish)
Medicaid is a health insurance program for low-income individuals and families who cannot afford health care costs. Medicaid serves low-income parents, children, seniors, and people with disabilities.
PLA is for individuals that are in a Private Living Arrangement (live @ home), SA is a Special Assistance/Domiciliary resident, and LTC is for someone in skilled placement.
EligibilityThere are several eligibility programs within Medicaid for Families and Children. Below are the most common programs.
- Medicaid for Families with Dependent Children (MAF)-Health Care coverage for single parents or couples with children under age 19 in their household or for children ages 19 and 20
- Medicaid for Infants and Children (MIC)—Medical coverage for children under the age of 19
- Medicaid for Pregnant Women (MPW)—Medical coverage for pregnant women
- Family Planning Medicaid (FPW)—Medical coverage for family planning services only
For more information, please call 252-459-9831.
Program Integrity / Fraud Unit
The Program Integrity Unit is a program support unit that devotes maximum efforts toward the prevention, detection, and recovery of overpayments in the public assistance programs. The unit also seeks to maintain the integrity of the public assistance programs by deterring fraud through education, early detection and prosecution. The crime of welfare fraud is committed when people:
- Receive, or attempt to receive, welfare benefits by providing the Department of Social Services with false and inaccurate information
- By withholding information needed to correctly determine eligibility for welfare benefits
Work First Family Assistance
Financial and medical assistance to families with children deprived of parental support with monthly payment based on needs and resources. For more information, please call 252-459-1463 or visit the NC Division of Social Services.